At Kuyil Thottam, Boomika works towards providing the children from the community an opportunity to play, express their creativity, learn and channelize their energy in a positive manner. Around 20 children come regularly to the centre which became functional in December 2011. Children are in the age group of 10-18 years but there are a few children in the 5-10 years age group also. Majority of them are boys but there are a few girls in the 5-10 age group. Most of the children go to nearby schools English/Tamil medium) and there are one or two drop outs also.
The objective of these Clubs is to guide and encourage children in their adolescence that lack parental attention and care. These children mainly from the under privileged sections of the society, are given opportunities for learning, recreation and skill cultivation. These inputs help them to develop into healthy citizens of the society and prevent them from drifting towards crime and deviant behaviour.
• Learning-based recreational activities
• Computers for small groups (Laptop should be carried by the volunteer)
• Indoor and outdoor games/p>
• Career guidance
• Interview skills for the senior boys - Preparing them for interview (writing a CV, body language, group discussion, mock interview, etc.,)
• Knowledge enhancement and behavioral changes
• Academic tutoring
To know more about the volunteering requirements at this organization click here